Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.
NEADS 2009-2010 Board of Directors Election
NEADS members elect new Board of Directors at national conference!
(Ottawa, December 1, 2008) The Board of Directors of the National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) was elected on Sunday, November 16th in Ottawa during our national conference "Learning Today: Leading Tomorrow.” The following individuals will serve the Association for the next two years and will take office on January 1, 2009:
- Alberta Representative - Gregory Lane (University of Alberta)
- British Columbia Representative - Kim Howcroft (University of Northern British Columbia)
- Manitoba Representative - Tim McIsaac (University of Manitoba)
- New Brunswick Representative - Natalie Fougère (Université de Moncton)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Representative - Ian Murley (Memorial University)
- Ontario Representative - Devon Sivill (Carleton University)
- Prince Edward Island Representative - Vacant
- Quebec Representative - Julie Tee (Concordia University)
- Saskatchewan Representative - Jesse LeClaire (University of Saskatchewan)
- Open Representative Mahadeo Sukhai (University of Toronto).
- Territories Representative - Agnes Tomkow (University of Alberta)
Congratulations and welcome to the 2009-2010 NEADS Board of directors! We intend on circulating an Expression of Interest for those interested in representing Prince Edward Island seat soon.
NEADS would like to pass on its gratitude and best wishes to the following individuals who are leaving us after their time on the Board:
- Lena Cook, outgoing Saskatchewan Representative
- Fraser MacPhee, outgoing Prince Edward Island Representative
- Paulo Monteaguodo, outgoing Quebec Representative
- Rachael Ross, outgoing Past-President
- Margaret Shalma, outgoing Ontario Representative
- Jewelles Smith, outgoing British Columbia Representative
Lena, Fraser, Paulo, Rachael, Margaret and Jewelles were excellent board members who served the Association well during their terms of office.
For more information, please contact the NEADS National Office:
National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS)
Rm. 426 Unicentre, Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5B6
tel. (613) 526-8008