Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.
Making Extra-Curricular Activities Inclusive
Benefits of Participation in Extracurricular Activities
Student with disabilities, like their non-disabled peers, benefit greatly from the non-academic facets of campus life. Some of the benefits to participating in extracurricular activities are:
- Promotes personal growth in areas such as leadership, team building, etc.
- Encourages health and wellness
- Builds and grows social and professional networks
- Introduces or improves skills
- Promotes a sense of belonging
- Allows for exploration of personal interests
- Leads to increased commitment to school and academic achievement