Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.
Working Towards a Coordinated National Approach To Services, Accommodations And Policies For Post-Secondary Students With Disabilities
References and Selected Bibliogmphy
- ARA Consulting Group Inc. (1993) "School-to-Work and School Retention: Best
Practices Research Project - Final Report." Prepared for the Ontario Ministry of
Education and Training on Behalf of The Forum of Labour Market Ministers:
- Blake, Victor R. (1996) "Reference List for Best Practices Projects: ProjectProgram
Development." Human Resources Investment Fund, Implementation Division, Human
Resources Development Canada: Ottawa.
- Bramley, Peter (1996) Evaluating Training Effectiveness: Benchmarking Your Training
A ctivity Against Best Practice. McGraw-Hill: London.
- Goltz, Eileen (1991) "The provision of services to students with special needs in
Canadian academic libraries." Canadian Library Journal. August.
- Hill, Jennifer Leigh (1992) "Accessibility: Students with Disabilities in Universities in
Canada." The Canadian Journal of Higher Education. Vol. XXII, No. 1.
Keehley, Patricia, Steven Medlin, Sue McBride and Laura Longmire (1997)
Benchmmking for Best Practices in the Public Sector: Achieving Performance
Breakthroughs in Federal, State, and Local Agencies. Jossey-Bass Publishers: San
- Mason, Greg (1991) "Issues in Designing the Standardized Questionnaire." in Love,
Arnold J. (ed) Evaluation Methods Sourcebook. (pp.26-43) Canadian Evaluation
- McGill, Janice, Sylvia Roberts and Ruth Warwick (1994) Post-Secondary Education
and Persons with Disabilities: Canadian Annotated Bibliography. Vancouver: UBC
Disability Resource Centre.
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students (1996) Employment
Opportunities for Post-Secondary Students and Graduates with Disabilities: A National
Study. Ottawa: NEADS.
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students (1994) An Annotated
Bibliography of Printed Materials on Post-Secondary A ccess and A ccomm odations.
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students (1993) Resource Directoiy of
Disabled Student Services at Canadian Universities and Colleges. Ottawa: NEADS.
- Patton, Michael Quinn (1982) Practical Evaluation. Sage: London.
- Patton, Michael Quinn (1984) "Data Collection: Options, Strategies, and Cautions." in
- Rutrnan, Leonard (ed) (1984) Evaluation Research Methods: A Basic Guide. (second
edition) (pp.39-64) Sage: London.
- Pawson, Ray and Nick Tilley (1997) Realistic Evaluation. Sage: London.
- Roberts, Sharon (1996) Securing A ccess. Policy and People with Disabilities in Post
Secondary Education. A n A udit of A ccess Policies at Public Post Secondary
Institutions in British Columbia and Recommendations for Change. Vancouver: British
Columbia Educational Association of Disabled Students.
- Roeher Institute, The (1996) Building Bridges. Inclusive Post-Secondary Education for
People with Intellectual Disabilities. North York: The Roeher Institute.
- Rossi, Peter H. and Howard E. Freeman (with the collaboration of Sonia Rosenbaum)
(1982) Evaluatation: A Systematic Approach. (Second Edition) Sage: London.
- Rutman, Leonard (1984) "Evaluability Assessment." in Rutman, Leonard (ed) (1984)
Evaluation Research Methods: A Basic Guide. (second edition) (pp.27-38) Sage:
- Shadish, William R. Jr., Thomas D. Cook and Laura C. Leviton (1991) Foundations of
Program Evaluation: Theories of Practice. Sage: London.
- Statistics Canada (1993) Adults with Disabilities. Their Employment and Education
Characteristics: 1991 Health and A ctivzty Lim ztation Survey. Qttawa: Minstry of
Supply and Services.
- Statistics Canada (1994) Selected Characteristics of Persons with Disabilities Residing
in Households: 1991 Health and Activity Limitation Survey. Ottawa: Minstry of
Supply and Services.
- Statistics Canada (1997) "Education at a Glance." Education Quarterly Review. Fall,
Vol. 4, No. 3.
- Wannell, Ted and Nathalie Caron (1994) A Look at Employment Equity Groups
Among Recent Postsecondary Graduates: Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and
the Activity Limited. Ottawa: Business and Labour Market Analysis Group, Statistics
- Weiss, Carol Hirshon (1986) "Research and policy-making a limited partnership."
Frank Heller (ed) The Uses and A buses of Social Research. (pp.214-235) Sage:
- West, Michael, et al. "Beyond Section 504: Satisfaction and Empowerment of Students
with Disabilities in Higher Education." Exceptional Children. Vol. 59, No. 5.
- Yin, Robert K. (1984) Case Study Research: Design and Methods. Sage: London.