High School Transition

Funding and Scholarship Programs

New Brunswick Student Loans

The New Brunswick Provincial Student Loan is a provincially subsidized loan, repayable with interest. The maximum assistance awarded is 40% of assessed need, up to $110 per week of study. The remaining 60 percent can be obtained through the Canada Student Loans Program.

The program also offers support for part-time study. This support is a federally subsidized loan, repayable with interest. The maximum assistance available is $4,000 at any one time. The course load requirement for part-time funding is enrollment in 20% to 59% of full-time course load or, enrollment for a period of study less than 12 weeks in duration.

New Brunswick also offers bursaries, which are non-repayable grants. The maximum assistance is $50.00 per week of study. To be eligible for this funding, a studentís assessed need must be greater than the maximum student loans available.

New Brunswick, Student Services Branch
Department of Advanced Education and Labour
P.O. Box 6000, 548 York Street
Fredericton, New Brunswick, E3B 5H1
Tel: (506) 453-2577 or 1 (800) 667-5626 (toll free)
Fax: (506) 444-4333
Email: pcsdp@gnb.ca
Web site: www.gnb.ca/0048