Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.
Deaf and Hear Alberta Tom Pinder Education Scholarship
PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP
Deaf & Hear Alberta established the Tom Pinder Education Scholarship in 2014 thanks to our long-time and generous supporter, Tom Pinder. The scholarship provides financial support to post-secondary students or adult learners who are Deaf, hard of hearing, or cochlear implant users who want to go to school in a chosen course or program at a school that is accredited.
WHO CAN APPLY?
• Applicants are Deaf, hard of hearing, or a cochlear implant user
• Applicants must use the scholarship towards an eligible educational program
(please review the list of eligible programs on the information page)
• Applicants must be in need of financial support which is determined by referral from a qualified agency or successful application for financial support (provided by our agency)
• Applicants must be residents of Alberta and at least 18 years of age
• The 2018 scholarship will be presented at the Deaf & Hear Alberta Annual General Meeting on Thursday, June 21, 2018.
• You must be present at the meeting to receive the award.
• A confirmation of enrollment must be provided to Deaf & Hear Alberta before any scholarship funds are awarded.
• Scholarship dollars are paid directly to the learner upon submission of original receipt(s) from the educational institution.
• The Scholarship must be used within one year of award date.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING:
1. Complete and sign the application form.
2. Attach proof of financial need.
3. Include two original and signed letters of reference.
Please submit your application to:
Tom Pinder Education Scholarship
Deaf & Hear Alberta
Attention: Kara Garner
Via mail: 63 Cornell Road NW, Calgary AB T2L 0L4
Via email: email@example.com
Via fax: 403-284-6216