Co-op Job Opportunity at Environment and Climate Change Canada
Seeking talented junior analysts to work in the Canadian Wildlife Service
The Protected Areas Division of the Canadian Wildlife Service, located at 351 Boulevard St. Joseph in Gatineau Quebec, is seeking smart and engaged students to join our team for Winter 2022. There would be no relocation required, as it is a telework position.
We are a diverse, dynamic and cohesive team responsible for delivering components of the Canada Nature Fund. Our work leverages investments in conservation from provinces and territories, Indigenous people and the private and non-profit sectors towards making significant progress towards Canada’s commitment to conserving 25 percent of Canada’s land and 25 percent of its oceans by 2025.
Successful candidates will be energetic and motivated individuals, and passionate about protecting Canada’s natural spaces. Strong interpersonal, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Applicants should be keen to learn and able to be flexible in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Responsibilities could include:
• Undertaking research and data analysis;
• Compiling project data and preparing briefing packages;
• Liaising with other government departments and regional offices;
• Supporting horizontal governance and engagement activities; and
• Preparing correspondence for external stakeholders.
The small print:
• Applicants must currently be eligible for a co-op placement and be enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution.
• If you have a valid government security clearance, please make sure to indicate on your resume.
• Rates of pay for co-op students are found at: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/careers-cra/information-moved/pay-rates/student-rates-pay.html • Please submit your resume and a cover letter as one pdf document, explaining how you could contribute to the work of the Canadian Wildlife Service. For a January 2022 start date, send your application by October 29, 2021 to email@example.com.
• While non-Canadian students are welcome to apply, preference will be given to students who are Canadian citizens.
If you require any further information about this opportunity, feel free to contact Amy Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.