MPP Christine Elliott to Address CCD's Disabling Poverty/Enabling Citizenship Forum on 2 December 2014 in Ottawa
Christine Elliott will elaborate her vision of how to remove barriers and create a welcoming environment that empowers people with disabilities and their families. Ms. Elliott will be the keynote speaker in a Council of Canadians with Disabilities (CCD) event on December 2nd in Ottawa, which will share the major findings of its research project Disabling Poverty/Enabling Citizenship.
• Is the mother of an adult son who has personal experience of disability.
• Is seeking to be the leader of the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party.
• Is the Whitby-Oshawa MPP & Critic for the Ministry of Health, Long-Term Care and Mental Health Reform.
• Is co-founder and director of the Abilities Centre.
• Was Board president of the Durham Mental Health Service.
• Has worked, along with her late husband, the Hon. James Flaherty, for the inclusion of people with disabilities.
What: Disabling Poverty/Enabling Citizenship Forum with keynote speaker Christine Elliott MPP.
Why: The 5 year research project Disabling Poverty/Enabling Citizenship will present its major findings.
When: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on 2 December 2014.
Where: Delta Ottawa Hotel City Centre (101 Lyon Street N.).
Who Will Be Speaking: Christine Elliott MPP, Dr. Michael J. Prince (Lansdowne Professor of Social Policy at the University of Victoria & Co-principal Investigator of Disabling Poverty/Enabling Citizenship), Yves Vaillancourt, Lucie Dumais, Michael Bach, Cam Crawford, Tony Dolan, Marie Ryan.
Who Should Attend: People with disabilities, people concerned about social justice, researchers, human rights practitioners, policy analysts, university students, youth.
For more information contact Laurie Beachell at 204-947-0303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Council of Canadians with Disabilities (CCD)
Conseil des Canadiens avec déficiences (CCD), 909-294 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 0B9204-947-0303TTY/ATS: 204-943-4757 email: email@example.com