Impact - Universal Design for Learning conference at Athabasca University (January 29 - 30, 2016)
Call for Proposals:
Athabasca University is now seeking proposals for a conference that will prepare a range of stakeholders on how best to apply universal design for learning (UDL) and accessibility principles in post-secondary education.
- Download Call for Proposals (PDF - 138KB): http://udl.athabascau.ca/docs/ImpactUDL16-CallForProposals.pdf
We encourage proposals currently promoting, implementing or researching UDL and web accessibility principles within on-line or blended learning in post-secondary environments.
This event will be held on January 29 & 30, 2016 at the Chateau Louis Conference Center in Edmonton, Alberta.
The aim of this conference is to:
- Raise stakeholder awareness of issues related to access to online and blended education
- Provide the scaffolding and skills on which to build and implement institutional practices around UDL, develop infrastructure to support UDL and accessibility, and processes that support UDL approaches.
- Showcase current initiatives, innovations and techniques used in the UDL and accessibility fields, as well as identify avenues for future development and ongoing implementation.
- Facilitate the creation of networks and allow for sharing of practices and resources
All conference presenters will be required to register for the conference.
- Presentation (30 or 60 minutes)
- Panel Discussion (60 minutes)
- Workshop (90 minutes)
- Poster (table or display in main meeting room)
Conference streams: http://udl.athabascau.ca/about/themes.php
Conference Target Audience: http://udl.athabascau.ca/about/attend.php
Proposal Submission Requirements:
Proposals should include the following information.
- Title of session (10-15 words max.)
- Name(s) of presenters
- Biographies of presenters (100 words max. for each presenter)
- Conference stream
- Type of session
- Target audience
- Abstract (150 words max.)
- Full description (500 words max.)
- Top three learning objectives
- Contact details including phone and e-mail
- Room Setup & Audio-visual needs
The conference will provide VGA projectors and laptops for use in presentation rooms. There will be a virtual stream for sessions so providing presentations the week prior to start is necessary to ensure its use in the virtual web conferencing system for on-line participants.
For more information please contact the conference organizers at UDLEvent@athabascau.ca
Submission Deadline: October 30, 2015