British Columbia Public Service Agency: Work-Able Internship Program For People With Disabilities
British Columbia Work-Able Internship Program For People With Disabilities
Full-Time Salary: $1,653.04 Bi-weekly; Multiple Locations – Vancouver, Victoria; Temporary Position from September 6, 2016 to September 1, 2017
The Work-Able Internship Program is a paid twelve month BC Public Service work experience program for recent post-secondary graduates who self identify as having a disability. This unique program provides learning, coaching and mentorship throughout the internship and interns will gain valuable skills and public service experience. We offer extensive training, growth and development opportunities, a competitive salary and offer a balance between work and life commitments. We are committed to continuing to be an employer of choice and providing a professional environment where ideas work.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit, via the online application process:
1. Resume Profile
2. Personal Essay
In 750 words or less (no less than 500) write a personal essay that responds to the following questions: Describe how your personal values/ guiding principles align with 2 to 3 of the BC Public Service Values and provide an example of how you demonstrated this in one aspect in your life (e.g. school, work, volunteering); Describe how your strengths (specific experience, knowledge, skills and abilities) will enable you to be successful over the course of the twelve month Internship; and Describe what you think will be a challenge for you over the course of the twelve month Internship. Your written essay will be used to assess the following: Organizational cultural alignment (alignment or fit with organizational culture); Self-awareness (relevant knowledge, skills/abilities and integration of strengths into Internship); and Written communication skills (grammar, spelling, length, tone, clear/ easy to understand language).
Please note: You are not required to specify which position you are applying to. Please ensure that your resume contains all of your relevant education and experience. This is a phased application process: The assessment results of your written essay will determine acceptance into the Work-Able Internship Program; and Once accepted into the Work-Able Internship Program, you will receive further instructions.
Applications that do not include a resume and a personal essay will not be considered. - Candidates who are selected for an interview will be required to provide an academic reference. - Successful candidates: May be asked for supporting documentation regarding their disability to assist in providing accommodation supports; Will be required to submit documentation that verifies post-secondary graduation requirements for an under-graduate or a graduate degree have been met and are between the dates of April 1, 2013 and September 5, 2016; and May be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check (CRC).
Steps to Apply:
1. Create a profile by clicking on "Create Profile" at the top of this page: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=31881
2. To update an existing profile, click on "Career Centre Login" at the top of this page.
3. Review your profile before hitting "submit" to ensure all your information is there.
4. After submitting your profile, you will be taken to the Cover Letter page where you can add your personal essay (the personal essay is your Cover Letter).
5. As the final part of your application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. You will not be able to go back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot up to twenty minutes to fill it out after clicking the submit button below.
6. Please ensure you have completed all three stages of this application - resume profile, personal essay and questionnaire.
7. Once you have clicked on the submit button and completed the questionnaire, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt. Please save this email confirmation.
For full description of accountabilities and qualifications, please review the job profiles on the website. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Nancy Valley at Nancy.Valley@gov.bc.ca DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “How to Apply” section. NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition. Qualifications: To be eligible for the Work-Able Internship Program you must: Self-identify as a person with a disability; Reside in B.C.; and Have completed the degree requirements for an under-graduate or graduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution between the dates of April 1, 2013 and September 5, 2016.
All contents copyright ©, 1999-2019, National Educational |
Association of Disabled Students. All rights reserved.