Youth Accessibility Summer Employment Opportunity for students (YASEO) Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Location: Gatineau (Québec), Ottawa (Ontario)
$12.93 to $25.94 per hour (see Note)
Number of jobs 40
What you will gain:
The Youth Accessibility Summer Employment Opportunity is a second-year pilot initiative helping to shape the future of the public service by reducing barriers for the full participation of post-secondary students with disabilities in the workplace and improving their workplace experience.
You will be provided with:
• a meaningful work experience in one of a number of exciting and engaging workplace environments across the public service
• a supportive hiring manager who will ensure appropriate workplace accommodations
• an opportunity to obtain a mentor
• participation in learning initiatives
Note: If the applicable provincial or territorial minimum wage amount is higher than the current maximum offered for the corresponding academic level of the student, the provincial or territorial minimum wage rate is to be applied.
What you will do
• in addition to your regular job, selected students will get an opportunity to provide feedback on their orientation and onboarding experiences.
Duration: Full-time summer 2018
Possibility of re-hire in the fall
What we are looking for:
• you are a post-secondary student with a disability studying in various fields
• you meet the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) eligibility criteria
• you are willing to assist in the evaluation of your orientation and onboarding experiences
If interested in this student job opportunity, please submit your application indicating the following:
Employment equity self-declaration: Person with a disability
CLOSING DATE: April 30, 2018