Experiencing Workplace Sexual Harassment and Need Support? SHARE can Help
Everyone has the right to a safe workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination, including workplace sexual harassment. Workplace sexual harassment consists of any sexualized behaviours and actions that are unwelcome and unwanted in the workplace. Workplace sexual harassment can happen to ANYONE and is not specific to one sector or industry. To better support workers dealing with workplace sexual harassment in Ontario, the Human Rights Legal Support Centre is launching the Sexual Harassment and Assault Resource Exchange (SHARE) Project.
Funded by the Department of Justice Canada, the SHARE Project is a free and confidential service that will support all workers experiencing workplace sexual harassment learn more about their legal and community options to address their experiences. The project provides information and legal advice about the various legal options workers can use to make informed decisions about what steps they would like to take to address their experience.
The service is free and confidential, and open to all Ontario workers, regardless of immigration status, income, and age. They provide:
• Legal information: accurate information about sexual and gender harassment, and your right to a safe workplace free of discrimination and harassment
• Legal advice: free, confidential advice from a legal professional about your options to address experiences of sexual harassment at work
• Referrals: to lawyers, paralegals, and community legal clinics, and community resources, as requested.
• Community Outreach: to inform and educate workers from all backgrounds about workplace sexual harassment
The project provides culturally safe and accessible support to all individuals including:
• Indigenous services
• Language Services
• Other Service Accommodations
If you need help with your situation, call SHARE today and speak to an advisor. They are here to help.
The Sexual Harassment and Resource Exchange (SHARE) Team can be reached by calling the HRLSC and following the prompts. You will need to press 8 to reach the SHARE intake staff.
Tel: (416) 597-4900
Toll Free: 1-866-625-5179
TTY: (416) 597-4903
TTY Toll Free: 1-866 612-8627
Telephone lines are open*:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9 am to 5?pm
Thursday: 2 pm to 6?pm