Faculty Awareness and Training in the Post-Secondary Community: An Annotated Bibliography
Northwest Community CollegeTerrace, British Columbia
Northwest Community College: Faculty/ Staff Guide to Accessibility Support Services (for students who may have a disability, illness or injury)Guidebook
This three page faculty awareness guide is clearly written and to the point. The intention of the guide is to address questions commonly asked by students regarding access policies at Northwest Community College. The issues that this guide addresses are:
- How do students learn about Accessibility Support Services?
- What is the responsibility of the faculty?
- Is support available to students with temporary disabilities?
- Do students have to disclose their disability?
- How do faculty/staff refer students to Accessibility Support Services?
- What are "reasonable" accommodations?
At the end of the questions and answers, is a section on general recommendations for faculty on assisting a disabled student to the best of their ability. Guides on the following topics can be obtained from Accessibility Support Services Office:
- Accessing Services for Students with Disabilities Policy"
- Program/Course Access for Students with Disabilities Policy"
- "Campus Housing Rates for Students with Disabilities"
Regional Coordinator - Accessibility Support Services
Northwest Community College
5331 McConnell Ave.
Terrace, British Columbia
Web site: http://www.nwcc.bc.ca/services/services.htm#DISABILITYSUPPORT