NEADS members elect new Board of Directors at national conference!
The Board of Directors for the Association was elected on Sunday, November 10th, in Ottawa during our national conference "Opening Doors to Success." The following representatives will serve the Association for the next two years:
- B.C. Representative: Rachael Ross (University of Victoria)
- Territories Representative: MaryAnne Duchesne (Aurora College)
- Alberta Representative: Alison Beattie (Mount Royal College)
- Manitoba Representative: Catherine McGowan (University of Manitoba)
- Ontario Representative: Jason Mitschele (University of Toronto)
- Open Representative: Sanjeet Singh (University of Calgary)
- Quebec Representative: Helena Gaiptman (Dawson College)
- Nova Scotia Representative: Jennifer Finlay (Saint Mary's University)
- New Brunswick Representative: Natalie Osika (Mount Allison University)
- PEI Representative: Roger Bursey (University of Prince Edward Island)
- Past-President: Joby Fleming (Memorial University)
This board features many experienced members who are joining us for another term and Jason Mitschele and Helena Gaiptman, two new faces on our team. Congratulations to the NEADS board 2002 - 2004! We would also like to pass on our thanks and best wishes to Susan Vida, outgoing Vice-President External and Quebec Representative, Catherine MacKinnon, outgoing Ontario Representative, and Karl Tower, outgoing Saskatchewan Representative. Susan, Catherine and Karl were excellent board members who served the Association well during their terms of office.
The first NEADS Awards were presented at the national conference banquet on Saturday, November 9th. Recipients were Jennison Asuncion and MaryAnne Duchesne. They were each presented with a beautiful plaque in recognition of years of dedicated and outstanding service to the Association. Congratulations and thanks Jennison and MaryAnne! It should be noted that Jennison Asuncion is leaving the Board of Directors in his capacity of Advisor to the Board, but will remain as the manager of the Web site and listserv moderator.