NEADS Logo - Home
Find us on: Facebook YouTube Twitter

Quick Question:
What are my rights to post-secondary education as a person with a disability?

Upcoming Events

More Events

Link of the day

More Links

Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.

Donate Now Through!

Frequently Asked Questions

Can the guidance counsellor at my high school help me choose a college or university that will accommodate my disability and still have the quality of programs in the field I wish to pursue?

Guidance counsellors should have knowledge on each post-secondary institution’s strengths and weaknesses with regard to academic programs and disability accommodations. If you are not receiving the type of support you need from the guidance counsellor at your school, please contact the Canadian Counselling Association to find out about other avenues of help.

Canadian Counselling Association
116 Albert St, Suite 702
Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5G3
Telephone: (613) 237-1099
Toll-free: (877) 765-5565
Fax: (613) 237-9786
Web site:


All contents copyright ©, 1999-2019, National Educational 
Association of Disabled Students. All rights reserved.