NEADS Logo - Home
Find us on: Facebook YouTube Twitter

Quick Question:
Can the guidance counsellor at my high school help me choose a college or university that will accommodate my disability and still have the quality of programs in the field I wish to pursue?

Upcoming Events

More Events

Link of the day

More Links

Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.

Donate Now Through!

Frequently Asked Questions

What accommodations are usually in place for students with disabilities attending college and university?

Services and accommodations vary greatly from one school to the next. Some typical services include: tutors, note-takers in class, extended time for tests/exams, oral exams, access to computers with adaptive hardware and software, an adaptive technology centre, assistance with research in libraries, sign language interpretation in lectures, texts on tape, communication with faculty regarding accommodations in the classroom, special parking permits for mobility impaired students, orientation sessions, attendant services, and accessible transportation. The fact of the matter is, all students require different accommodations depending upon their disabilities and individual circumstances. Speak to a service provider at your school of choice to find out what is available to support students with disabilities in their pursuit of accessible education.


All contents copyright ©, 1999-2019, National Educational 
Association of Disabled Students. All rights reserved.