NEADS Logo - Home
Find us on: Facebook YouTube Twitter

Quick Question:
Can the guidance counsellor at my high school help me choose a college or university that will accommodate my disability and still have the quality of programs in the field I wish to pursue?

Upcoming Events

More Events

Link of the day

More Links

Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.

Donate Now Through!

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find information about financial assistance to support my post-secondary studies?

There are many financial assistance programs available for college and university study through the provincial, territorial and federal governments. A number of non-governmental organizations such as the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (<>, the Canadian Paraplegic Association (<>, the Learning Disabilities Association of Canada (<>, the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association ( and the Alliance for the Equality of Blind Canadians ( ) also offer designated scholarships or bursaries to support the post-secondary education of students with disabilities. Many schools establish bursaries for students with disabilities. Contact the Awards office at your college or university of choice for further information. You can also check out the Financial Aid Directory available on the National Educational Association of Disabled Students’ (NEADS) Web site:

Don’t forget that there are plenty of bursaries, awards and scholarships that are open to all students. We encourage you to research directories on this subject, which are usually available in both school and public libraries. There are also funding references on the Internet, such as at, that might be of help.


All contents copyright ©, 1999-2019, National Educational 
Association of Disabled Students. All rights reserved.