High School Transition

Federal Programs for Students

The Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)

Federal departments and agencies recruit students through this program. Nine thousand temporary student jobs are available each year and 90,000 resumés are received annually. Full-time secondary school, CEGEP, college, technical institute and university students may apply for this program. This experience gives participants valuable, marketable career skills, and an opportunity to learn about the Public Service of Canada.

Applications to FSWEP may be submitted anytime. To be eligible, you must be studying in Canada or be a Canadian student studying abroad. You must be a full-time secondary or post-secondary student at an accredited school. You must be returning to full-time studies the next academic term and be of the minimum age to work in your province or territory. Students with disabilities are eligible to apply if they are part-time students. For more information, contact the Public Service Commission of Canada.

Toll-free: 1 (800) 935-5555 (Youth Info Line)

Web site: http://jobs.gc.ca/fswep-pfete/student/index_e.htm