NEADS 2006-2008 Board of Directors Election
NEADS members elect new Board of Directors at twentieth anniversary national conference!
The Board of Directors of the National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) was elected on Sunday, November 12th in Ottawa during our national conference "Creating our Future: On Campus and Beyond.” The following individuals will serve the Association for the next two years:
- Alberta Representative - Agnes Tomkow (University of Alberta)
- British Columbia Representative - Jewelles Smith (Simon Fraser University)
- Manitoba Representative - Tim McIsaac (University of Manitoba)
- New Brunswick Representative - Natalie Fougère (Université de Moncton)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Representative - Terry McDonald
- Ontario Representative - Margaret Shalma (University of Toronto)
- Prince Edward Island Representative - Fraser MacPhee (Holland College)
- Quebec Representative - Paulo Monteagudo (Bishop's University)
- Saskatchewan Representative - Lena Cook
- Open Representative – Mahadeo Sukhai (University of Toronto).
Congratulations and welcome to the 2006 – 2008 NEADS Board of directors! We intend on circulating an Expression of Interest for those interested in representing Nova Scotia and the Territories early in 2007.
Mahadeo Sukhai has been appointed as Interim President until the board meets to elect its Executive committee at its first Board Meeting in 2007. At that time, Rachael Ross will assume the role of Past-President.
NEADS would like to pass on its gratitude and best wishes to the following individuals who are leaving us after their time on the Board:
- Jennifer Finlay - outgoing Vice-President Internal and Nova Scotia Representative
- Jason Mitschele - outgoing Vice-President External and Ontario Representative
- Kim Gerritsen – outgoing Conference Chair and Alberta Representative
- Kristen McLeod - outgoing New Brunswick Representative
- Jill LaPlante - outgoing Manitoba Representative
Jennifer, Jason, Kim, Kristen and Jill were excellent board members who served the Association well during their terms of office.
For more information, contact Frank Smith, National Coordinator at email@example.com or 613-526-8008.