HIRE for TALENT Disability Awareness Webinar on February 27
Organization: Restigouche CBDC Inc., member of the Community Futures Network of Canada
Facilitator: Reno Michel Haché, M.Ed.
Reno Michel Haché is the Research, Design and Development Coordinator of Restigouche CBDC’s HIRE for TALENT toolkit and the team leader of the project’s national working group of fifteen subject matter experts. He was also lead instructional developer for the Online Digital Essential Skills Training Program for Employees of the Manufacturing Sector Supply Chain. Most recently, Reno Michel successfully completed the Global Reporting Initiative Certified Training (GRI-G4 Exam) on sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
Author of Réussir ses études, © Septembre Éditeur which is taught in many schools; Reno Michel has delivered hundreds of workshops to teachers, students, and parents in Quebec, Ontario, and New Brunswick as well as numerous training to employers and entrepreneurs. Reno Michel holds a Master’s Degree in Adult Education from Mount Saint Vincent University, Nova Scotia and a B.A. from the Université de Sherbrooke, QC.
• Employers will develop new skills to increase recruiting efficiency of persons
• Employers will gain insight into creating inclusive workplaces.
• Employers will gain confidence in hiring people with disabilities.
The HIRE for TALENT Disability Awareness Webinar will introduce the HIRE for TALENT Employer Toolkit, which was designed to improve employers’ understanding and awareness of workplace diversity and inclusion. During this webinar, the facilitator will discuss:
• Legal issues such as employers’ “Duty to Accommodate” and “Undue Hardship.”
• Conducting inclusive interviews and “legal interview questions.”
• Increasing hiring reach by conducting “Working Interviews” and by writing “inclusive job postings”.
Visit the https://hirefortalent.ca/website to access all ten employer tools.
When: Feb 27, 2018 2:00 PM Halifax
Topic: The HIRE for TALENT Disability Awareness Webinar
Register in advance for this webinar: