Disabled Student Rights and Self-Advocacy event at McMaster University on December 3rd
Please join the Equity and Inclusion Office in partnership with Student Self Advocacy researcher, Emunah Woolf, the MacPherson Institute and MSU Maccess (McMaster Students Union Access Centre) for a special
Disability DIScussion about Disabled Student Rights and Self-Advocacy!
WHEN: Tuesday December 3rd (12:30 AM - 2:30 PM)
WHERE: MacPherson Institute Classroom, Mills Library floor 5R (access via elevator 3), McMaster University
Structure of Event:
12:30pm-1:30pm: A presentation at the beginning of the session for those who would like to learn more about the rights of students with disabilities. All Welcome!
1:30pm-2:30pm: A closed session for McMaster students who identify as disabled/ experiencing accessibility barriers at the University / have SAS accommodations and would like to debrief the presentation and discuss self-advocacy for entitled rights.
- ASL Interpretation will be provided for both parts of the event
- Pizza will have Halal, vegetarian and vegan options (Please email Kate if you have a dietary requirement at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The venue is mobility device accessible, and able to be reached via elevator 3 on floor 5R of Mills Library
- We encourage participants to limit their use of scent, in accordance with McMaster’s Scent Awareness Guidelines
- For all other accommodation needs, email Kate: email@example.com
Hope to see you all there!"