Frequently Asked Questions

Will going to school outside my province or territory limit my ability to access funding?

Students with disabilities may find themselves in a situation where it becomes necessary to study in a province/territory other than the one in which they are a resident. Such a decision may be a result of the inaccessibility of post-secondary institutions that offer the student’s choice of academic program close to home. It may also relate more directly to the student’s disability. It is recommended that students with disabilities contact their provincial student aid authority and/or ministry of community and social services to find out about the impact of choosing to study out-of-province on the coverage of disability and educational costs.